- Today he said something I’ve never heard him say before: “Let’s go, mommy! I don’t want to be late for school!” We’ve gone a long way from last year when I had to drag him to his old school. Thanks for loving and nurturing him.
- Couldn’t be more happy that Isaiah is here! See great improvement in him and he has a better attitude because of it!
- We truly believe that Tanner’s life is going to turn out entirely different because of the care and instruction he is receiving at Reaching Milestones. We were without hope until we found our way here. Tanner has new skills, a better quality of life and, most important, a future! – Nicole D.
- The faculty of Reaching Milestones has helped greatly with the education and socialization of my children. They have gone above and beyond their normal duties to cooperate with the children’s school curriculum.
- Moving Josh to Reaching Milestones may be one of the best decisions we have made for his growth and development. He had hated going to school and doing school work but now that is a thing of the past. I wake him up and tell him we are going to school and he is dressed in under 5 minutes! Thanks for making him like school again! – Ruth D.
- Before Reaching Milestones, we tried about 2-3 years to potty train Philip, but with the help of Reaching Milestones and Mr. Foeke Rienks, they were able to train him in 3-5 days only! So no more diaper! Food acceptance is a big issue for Philip and now he can eat grapes too! Even my son’s physician is really proud of Philip’s new achievement. Thank you Reaching Milestones. Hope you continue to help more and more families like us. We appreciate everything and I recommend Reaching Milestones to everyone who is looking for help or just needed to talk to about their child. – Mrs. Pedro
- We can’t believe the difference we have seen at home and at school!
- Since starting at Reaching Milestones, our son, Caden, has been developing his social and behavioral skills. We have noticed a decrease in his tantrums and an increase in his ability to focus and explain what he needs. The tutors and supervisors are amazing at understanding and assisting with Caden’s needs, and great at teaching us the skills we need to continue helping Caden at home. Caden is happier and more cooperative since starting at Reaching Milestones. – Charmaine K.
- We have seen great progress in EJ, and are extremely grateful to his tutors. EJ can do a lot of things by himself now like feed himself. We can now verbally communicate with him instead of him just pointing out thing he wants. He can tell us how he is feeling now (sad, happy, mad). This was also the first year that he enjoyed Halloween and Christmas because he actually understood the concept of Trick or Treating and Santa. Life has become so much easier at home. EJ’s speech was very limited when first starting ABA so he got very frustrated and angry when we did not understand what he wanted or needed.
- Not only do the tutors teach him at the clinic, they gave me the tools to help at home. Home has become extremely organized, quieter, and calmer on EJ’s part. I feel like there is hope for him to have a “normal” adult life. He actually understands when we ask or tell him to do something. At home he helps with laundry and dishes. It’s like something clicked for him. You can actually see it, and he gets so excited when he understands things. – Sonja R.
- Jayden had issues being around groups of children. He now interacts with others even when we go to the playground. He also threw a lot of fits, mainly when not getting his way, which has diminished a great deal. His involvement with us at home has improved. He can express himself now. Jayden was very limited with different foods and drinks he would try but his willingness to try new foods has improved. Every day we see improvements. He will come home and use words or sentences that we didn’t know he could say. We can do projects at home now that we could never do before because he wouldn’t sit at a table. He will ask for things.
His negative behavior is slowly disappearing. He is learning how to deal with is emotions. There is still a great deal to learn for both him and use, and we are completely confident in his tutors to teach him and us to give him the tools he will need in life. His speech and occupational therapist have noticed improvements too. We were actually told that after their new evaluation, the barely qualify for speech therapy, which in a way is great news. – Sonja R.
- Reaching Milestones has helped my son in so many ways. I am thankful everyday he has such wonderful therapists that are dedicated to his progress.
- Our son, Oliver, was diagnosed with Autism shortly after he turned two. For almost a year, he received speech and occupational therapy with little to show for it. He could not speak or sign and his frustration and tantrum behavior was increasing. We turned to Reaching Milestones and, barely two months later, he has multiple independent mands and is starting to follow simple directions. He has become a much happier little boy. We are simply amazed with his progress and we greatly appreciate the individualized, professional therapy he is receiving from his team at Reaching Milestones - Doctors Lake. - Michelle Barrett
- ABA has been a life changing force in Warrick’s life and for our family. Before ABA Autism treatment, Warrick appeared to be stuck in repetitive behaviors. He refused changes in routines and insisted on specific colors and foods. The most frustrating thing as a parent was that Warrick would not ask or answer questions. His language centered on only things that he wanted! We were unable to carry on topical conversations with him – it breaks my heart thinking about all that he was missing out on. Warrick is a changed boy! He accepts redirection, he waits for reinforcers, and his overall language skills have improved enough that we can have actual conversations. Our relatives have noticed a big difference in Warrick as well. Our family is happier and we enjoy spending more time together. The staff in the Augusta, GA center have provided extensive parent training. I ask a lot of questions and they provide me with research-based answers. I have been encouraged to stay for multiple sessions and have been able to practice their procedures with Warrick. My husband is now interested in receiving the same parent training. - Katie-Jo Byington
- The days of fighting with my child until I either put him to bed crying, put myself to bed crying, or both seem a distant memory. I am the mother of a 13 year old autistic boy named Ryan. “Mr. Paul” began visiting my home once a week several years ago and we still look forward to his arrival every week. I was not a big fan of therapy in the past and really thought it was a waste of time in the beginning. I could not have been more wrong. Paul not only works with Ryan on his stuttering problems, reading, cleaning his room, and everyday tasks that he successfully avoided in the past, but he has changed the way I deal with my child. He has taught me that how I react to Ryan makes a huge difference in how he accepts demands put upon him. Simply changing my grammar when speaking to him has made a difference. Things I never thought of are now commonplace.
Behavior therapy takes on a new light when you have someone as committed and compassionate about their work as Paul Napier. Paul takes a vested interest in his kids and supports the parents at the same time. He is very good at what he does and makes suggestions without making the parents feel like they are doing everything wrong. He has been a true asset to my son’s recovery from Autism and he will be one of the reasons Ryan is one day a contributing member of society. - Angela Ward – mother of Ryan Ward
- To parents of special needs children,
For nearly 2 years, Reaching Milestones has provided ABA therapy for our 15 year old son who has been diagnosed with Autism. Our son has made significant gains and we plan to continue to use Reaching Milestones to help our son overcome his challenges and improve his future. Mr. Paul Napier and his staff have shown themselves to be dedicated therapists who are not only well trained and capable, but also very caring. We are pleased to recommend Reaching Milestones. - Al and Zohreh Roumi
- Nikolas had limited communication. He mumbled a lot and pointed to express his wants and needs. His inability to communicate was disruptive to his learning process. After 3 months of ABA services with Reaching Milestones, Nik is able to communicate his wants and needs in full sentences! His overall expression and articulation has vastly improved. He is able to have conversations! His relationship with his siblings and uncles are also improving. He no longer lets his sisters talk for him and he lets his uncles know when he does or doesn’t want to play. - Velecia Hammett
Reaching Milestones - ABA Therapy and Autism School
Reaching Milestones is one of the largest providers of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services in the Southeastern United States. We specialize in comprehensive behavioral treatment for children diagnosed with autism and other related disabilities. Our treatment programs are designed to reduce challenging behaviors, while teaching essential learning, language, social, and self-help skills. We have a dedicated team of clinicians who emphasize the importance of individualized treatment and parental involvement. Our belief is that every child, regardless of their disability or deficits, can make progress. We have found that a comprehensive ABA program, a dedicated staff, and involved parents consistently results in positive outcomes for these children.
Reaching Milestones offers home and clinic-based ABA treatment (“ABA Therapy”). We have clinics located in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and a newly opened private therapy school in Jacksonville, FL. Our clinical team is comprised of Behavior Assistants (BA), Board Certified associate Behavior Analysts (BCaBA), and Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA). We conduct 1:1 ABA therapy sessions focused on reducing challenging behaviors and teaching essential skills. Data is collected on all primary target skills/behaviors and feedback is provided to the parents at the end of each session. Parent training sessions are strongly encouraged to optimize the results of ABA therapy.
Reaching Milestones offers a variety of ABA services; including: 1:1 ABA therapy sessions, school consultation, social skills training sessions, and parent/teacher trainings.
The “Reaching Milestones Learning Center” is our private therapy autism school founded on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis and located in Jacksonville FL.